Have a Happy Moo Moo Year

Monday, September 22, 2008

Singapore Zoological Garden (Part I)

zoo  zoo We managed to get a free zoo pass which allows entry for 4 (reason is we joined the Little Ones Club from Takashimaya). So we spend this weekend at the Zoo. At 1st the sky threaten to cry but soon after we reach the zoo the sky clears and it's all sunny again. Shanice was scared of the loud noises made by drumming and blowing of honk. I brought her into KFC, bought a packet of fries and it settles her. Spoke to her telling her it's nothing to be scared of before stepping out of the restaurant. I rented a wagon for $15 thinking that I can pull the 2 girls inside and we can walk faster. But it was a terrible mistake. My maid and I both have difficulty pulling the wagon uphill and downhill. 1/2 way through the journey we gave up. We struggle back to the entrance to return it. And you know the lady was actually so nice to refund me $7 when I opt for a stroller instead. The stroller just did the trick, Shanice & Shannon took turns to sit on it whilst we push. We brought along porridge, sandwiches, biscuits, drinks & not forgetting gummies for the 3 children. So we didn't spend a cent on food inside (which we knew gonna be very costly). So my job was as usual snapping around with my dear old camera while the children and animals pose for me. Soon was getting too hot for us to continue walking and we are all drained. We left the Zoo at 3:30. Phew!








After the picture with the balloons, Shannon's mood certainly is better

Parrots

All set to GO

Good boy Xavier pulling the wagon







Otter














The children can only see the back side of the baby hippos cause the 2 of them are back facing them. Most probably, sleeping!

So no choice, have to take picture with the Giant Hippo Poster.

Warthog


Tapir

0 comments: